Call for Abstracts Opens: February 1, 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline: !!!NEW!!! DEADLINE EXTENDED: April 27, 2018
Notification of Acceptance: New date: May 31, 2018 (final extension)
Deadline for accepted authors to register under early registration: New date!!! –
June 5, 2018 (final extension)
Programme Available Online: June 2018
Abstracts can be submitted on one of the following conference themes:
- Wildlife tuberculosis: epidemiology and control
- Evidence of direct infection between species at the human-free-ranging wildlife-livestock interface in Europe
- Vector Borne Diseases
- Infections between free-living and captive wildlife animals
- Emerging and re-emerging disease concerns in northern temperate and arctic wildlife populations
- Wildlife disease research in small-sized populations
- Health and conservation of neglected species (bats)
- Emerging viruses in eco-pathological impact
- Aquatic animals and ecosystems
- Genetics-Disease Association
- Wildlife and Public Health
- Open session – please submit your abstract under this category in case it doesn’t fit under any of the above.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Oral Presentation (Students Award)
- Poster Presentation (Students Award)
Please note that:
- Abstracts will be organized into sessions according to the abstract topics on the Thematic Areas section of the 13th EWDA Conference website.
- Scheduling of poster sessions and abstract presentations is at the discretion of the Scientific Committee.
- While delegates may indicate their preference for oral or poster presentation, the final decision is made by the Scientific Committee.
The abstract submission process for EWDA Conference 2018 will be through an online submission portal.
Submission by fax, e-mail or courier will not be accepted.
You are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract, but presentation will not be included in the programme and abstract will not be published in the proceedings, if presenter is not registered until June 5.
How to submit an abstract
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. The account only needs to be created once and can be re-used for additional abstract submissions. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract
- Presentation type (Oral OR Poster)
- Topic must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, e-mail and affiliation of Author and co-authors
- Name, e-mail and affiliation of Presenter (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract)
- Total length of abstract is limited to 500 words (excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations that are typed in other sections). The text of the abstract should be of the informative type and should state the problem or context of the study, the main question or goal, the population or material studied, the experimental approach or protocol used, the most important results, the main conclusion (the answer to the question), and any important implications.
- The entire abstract should be formatted by the editor provided online, using font Times New Roman and font size 12
- Please provide 3 keywords which are appropriate to your abstract
- Please indicate if you are you a student and if you like to compete for the best Oral or Poster presentation Awards.
- Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent. If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted. .
If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions:
- The research presented within your abstract was undertaken in accordance with all necessary regional, national and international legislation (and that institutional ethics approval was obtained when required)
- Submission of a manuscript implies that its publication has been approved by all co-authors, if any, as well as the responsible authorities at the institution where the work was carried out. The author signs for and accepts responsibility for releasing this material on behalf of any and all co-authors.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- Presenters must register by June 5, 2018 to confirm acceptance of their participation in the programme. If presentes are not registered by this date, they will not be included in the programme or the conference proceedings.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact email@example.com