We are glad to inform authors that EWDA2018 will introduce 90 oral presentations.
Oral presentations will be allocated to 9 different sessions:
- Genetics – Disease Association
- Health and Conservation of neglected species (focus: bats)
- Wildlife Health, Management and Conservation
- Aquatic Animals and Ecosystems
- Vector Borne Diseases
- Wildlife Tuberculosis: Epidemiology and Control
- Emerging and re-emerging diseases
- Wildlife and Public Health
- Evidence of direct infection between species at the human-free-ranging wildlife-livestock interface in Europe
Each presentation is allocated 15 minutes in the programme. This time consists of 10 minutes lecture and 5 minutes for discussion.
Presenters are encouraged to have their presentations on a USB/ flash drive in widescreen format (16:9).
Presenters speaking in the program must visit the Conference Technical Support the day before your session to load your presentation and ensure it has been checked and tested. If you cannot check it earlier, but only on the day of your session, please come by at least 2 hours prior to the start of your session. You will be briefed on how to use the system when you meet with the audiovisual technicians.
Oral presentations will be given in a quite large auditorium. So, we would recommend presenters to prepare your slides according to the following guidelines to ensure that the entire audience will be able to see your presentation.
Fonts: A minimum font (type) size of 24 point should be used.
Spacing: Leave as much “white space” as possible to make the text easily readable.
Please make your slides easily readable by the audience.
Using the conference computer
- A PC with Windows 10, 16G RAM, CD/DVD will be available.
- Wireless Internet access will be available from the presentation computer.
- Please, bring the presentation on a USB/ flash drive in widescreen format (16:9).
- Power Point presentations 97–2007 or 2016 (or higher versions) (.ppt or .pptx) are expected.
- If you have a video or audio file embedded in the presentation, we recommend using a standard video and audio codec compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee the quality of Macintosh-based presentations.
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation. If you insist on using different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below:
- Click on “File”, then “Save As”
- Check the “Tools” menu and select “Embed True Type Fonts”
* Using own computer
It is highly recommended that the speaker’s final presentation be on a USB/Flash drive, as we are unable to guarantee compatibility with the venue AV equipment.
If you opt to use your own computer to connect to the projector please consider that AV Staff will not be hold responsible for any issues that may arise with your personal machine.